Wednesday 1 February 2012

Jerzy Skarżyński






















The art of Jerzy Skarżyński (1924-2004) seems to have been incredibly diverse, ranging from fairly typical Polish-style posters, through swirling biomorphic surrealism, to bizarre cartoons and comics. You can see examples of the latter (in Polish) here. He also (assuming the information here all refers to the same person) worked on set designs for the likes of Roman Polanski, Andrzej Wajda and Wojciech Has. More images: one, two, three, four, five.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'll see if I can dig up anything by these two in my Polish books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. I don't even know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I couldn't believe these were all by the same person. Would definitely be good to see more of his work.

    ReplyDelete